Friday, August 10, 2012

Shell Swap...!?

Recent Activity:

Got an email confirming that my shells have been shipped! Yay! They should be here in 1-3 days.

Crabby Activity:

Okay, so yesterday Bazooka stayed in the coconut hut, and then Amy joined him. They stayed in there forever, and were still in there when I fell asleep.

"Bazooka" has been sitting peacefully on the log since I woke up, and "Amy" just came boldly out of the coconut hut and began scuttling around.

Strange....

The first thing that tipped me off was how "Amy" was acting, and "her" size. She was bigger than I remember, plus she wasn't hiding in her shell when I put my face close to the glass, like she and Batman do.

I'm almost positive Amy and Bazooka switched shells. "Amy" is actually Bazooka, and vice versa!

I can't be sure, but from what I've observed I think this is the case. Bazooka has always been the biggest and boldest of my crabs, while Amy and Batman were slightly smaller and more cautious. The crab in Amy's shell is bigger and very bold, while the crab in Bazooka's shell is partially hiding in the shell, sitting on the log, looking out the window.

They definitely switched. Wow. How confusing....

Bazooka from the other day

Bazooka in Amy's shell...?

Amy from the other day

Amy in Bazooka's shell...?

On a side note, Batman is digging again. I'm really hoping it's just him having fun, or trying to get warm. I don't know if I'll be able to get more sand. I asked yesterday if I could get more and my mom replied, "You have no money.". She's right. I had to scrounge together $8.55 in coins to get her to let me buy my shells. I could add in more Jungle Bed, because I have more of it. Not much, but more. I just don't think it will cut it if he's burying himself for a molt....

No comments:

Post a Comment