Friday, August 17, 2012

Food's Here!

Recent Activity:

Today the new food I ordered got here! I'm sooo super excited for my crabs to try it! For most it's been a bit of a stressful day. Amy is NOT happy that her shell got taken from her AGAIN, so I took all the extra shells out of the crabitat and cleaned them in dechlorinated water with baking soda, let them dry thoroughly, then put the ones that Bazooka took interest in (Shark Eyes, Whale Eye, and Babylon Areloa) back into the crabitat. Came home just now to find him back in a Babylon Areola and took the liberty to put Amy's shell in the coconut hut (where Amy is sulking). Hopefully she'll be more perky once she has her shell back and take interest in the new food. If not, I'm positive my crabs will gobble it up tonight. After all, most people end up buying malnourished and dying crabs from awful pet stores, and their crabs would stop at nothing to stuff their faces with the super nutritious foods and supplements I bought. My crabs, on the other hand, came from quite the wonderful pet store that knows what it's doing, so they're healthy as can be!

Crabby Activity:

Bazooka in his "new" shell with Amy's beside him
Like I said, it's been a tough day for poor little Amy. When I first looked in the cage today, I thought that the shell she was in (Bazooka's shell) was empty because I could see no crab in it. Later, I could see legs and a bit of an antenna, but no movement. I panicked, thinking she had gotten hurt or even killed by Bazooka when he took her shell. I picked her up and placed her on my hand, which usually prompts any of my crabs to come out of their shell and run on (and off) my hand. But she didn't budge. I picked her up to look in her shell and she withdrew more, the only sign that she was alive. I placed her back in the crabitat, but when she didn't move I picked her up a second time. This time she was fairly prompt about coming out of her shell to walk around. I checked her for missing limbs or any sign of injury, but I found none. Upon putting her back in the crabitat, she withdrew once more. I then moved her inside the coconut hut, where she would be less exposed to having crab traffic run over her. She hasn't been out since, and I just put her shell back in after Bazooka switched. I'm hoping she'll be happier once she gets her shell back.

No comments:

Post a Comment