Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gnat! Yikes!

I was just checking out my crabs, watching Amy sit and eat by the food dish, and YIKES! There was a gnat in the bowl!

I quickly gathered up the pieces of carrot from yesterday from where they had been drug around last night and dump them in the trash, then rinsed the food (and the gnat) down the sink. I'm hoping there wasn't more.

New rule of thumb!

  • Fresh food should be placed in the crabitat at sundown and removed in the morning, just to be safe.
And just an update on Batman's digging, he got bored with it and climbed back onto the log (his favorite place to perch and look out the window). He didn't show any signs of molting, such as a slight cloudiness in his eyes, but a lot of experts say there really isn't a sure way to tell is a molt is happening, so I was unsure and worried.

All's well again in "Crabitat pour Trois", as I am now tanking to calling my tank. Hopefully it will stay that way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment